No Fuss Pandan Ice-cream

When you are in lockdown and the weather is warming up, yet your ice-cream stock in the freezer has gone down to none, what can you do? 

I know what I did - search up a quick and easy ice-cream recipe and make it myself. Here comes the problem - I don’t have an ice-cream churner, only a stand mixer. 

Fear not! Apparently, Nigella Lawson had an embarrassingly easy formula which I quickly adapted and make it in Malaysian flavour. Here goes the simple recipe:

Pandan Ice-cream














Ingredients

300ml double cream/ thickened cream (well chilled)
175g condensed coconut milk
2 tsp My Blue Tea pandan powder
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)

Method

1. Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix them in either a hand mixer or stand mixer until achieving soft peaks (with ribbons).

2. Scoop up the mixture into a container and leave it in freezer for 6 hours or overnight. This recipe yields about 800ml of ice-cream. I used a 1 litre container. 















Comments